Vacancy Announcement: Media and Communications Officer
Identity Center is currently seeking to recruit a fulltime communications’ officer at a competitive local salary. The candidate will work closely with our media advisor and project managers on the development of external communication and media strategy for the center.
Duties and Job Functions:
• Help in developing and maintaining relationships with journalists and media outlets
• Work on developing, implementing and evaluating media strategy in co-operation with Media advisor
• Monitor daily media and advise on reactive media opportunities
• Develop and pitch proactive media opportunities in co-operation with media advisor
• Support media advisor in writing and distributing press releases and other media materials produced by the center.
• Lead production of Identity Center’s online communication material including newsletters, bulletins, briefs, brochures and other promotional material.
• Help in following up with project managers on their projects, and come up with creative ideas about promoting their work.
• Any other task as as assigned by IDC’s director
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or any other related field.
• Experience working in communication and media roles are preferred.
• Proficiency in both Arabic and English
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work flexibly under pressure and adapt to change
• Hard working, self-motivating and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to work well both in a team and independently in a challenging, fast-paced, multicultural environment
• Background knowledge on political, economic and social reform in Jordan and a genuine interest in working in the development field.